Thursday, March 18, 2010

A slow scarf and a quick bag

How easy is it to have a week disappear?! It's been quite a few days since my last post as we've been rather busy both at home and out and about.  Each day I thought I would get to the blog and share a few things with you but it just didn't seem to happen!

With two days out between school drop off and pick up, the evenings are spent in catch-up mode. (I don't know how working mothers do it!) And then one evening is spent at a meeting, one ironing, another one sewing, one watching a movie with my dear one and one spent doing my Luke 2 Bible study questions.  I believe another evening was spent reading many lovely blogs, becoming very cosy and relaxed and gradually falling asleep on the sofa. (That was right when I was supposed to be updating my blog but I was off in dream land!)

But I have been having a little bit of creative play. I got lots of knitting done while watching a movie and having some 'tv resting' time. I recently bought some variegated 100% bamboo wool from a local store in the most gorgeous shades of light greens and blues. It was reduced to clear so I got all that was left! The plan was to knit a plain scarf and let the yarn show itself off. BUT, it is very fine and therefore slow to knit up, so it will be a while before the shortest possible scarf length is reached!!



The big girls and I decided they needed a little drawstring bag for keeping their swimming things together - bathers, goggles and cap. Can you imagine trying to find a swimming cap in a wardrobe jam packed with two girls' clothes and three plastic tubs of doll's clothes! So they chose material out of the chest and I whipped them up just in time for this week's swimming lessons. They worked a treat, and now they're packed again ready for next week. Anything to use up some of Mummy's leftovers!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Virginia~

    Coral and Aubrie just received their gorgeous books from Sarah and Alice. They were thrilled with the beautiful artwork and clever stories. What a fun and interesting thing this book swap was - we feel like we have friends on the other side of the world. We will try your yummy sounding carrot cake recipe soon too! I showed the girls the beautiful picture of your daughters here - so fun! I love your blog. I don't have a blog, but I am an avid knitter and sewer and crafter too.
    We'll let you know how the cake turns out~
    Love,
    Marie, Coral, and Aubrie

    ReplyDelete