Thursday, November 18, 2010

Loving November

No, I haven't been away - just a little busy with 50th year school celebrations, more trips to the dentist and a little spring gardening clean up. No doubt you all know how time speeds up around about now!


One thing I know is how much I love, love, love my Bechtel's 'Plena' crab apple tree. October sees it covered with round, pink balls the size of plums and then turns to this rather impressive show of pink and white blossom. I brought it home as a bag of sticks some 9 years ago - one of my best planting decisions!

I love November in the garden - my blue ixias are flowering, the Viburnum snowball tree is covered with huge white balls and granny's bonnets have popped up and flowered everywhere. To make it even better - the grass is still green and there's no sign of the weather drying off anytime soon.

I just need to find the balance between a) playing and pottering outside, b) playing inside (read: sewing, baking etc) and c) working inside (think towering piles of ironing and vacuuming under beds)!!!

Here's hoping you all manage to find the balance, too. x

No comments:

Post a Comment