Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ticking off the holiday list - part 1

The last few days have been about finishing off our holiday list. We all had special things we wanted to do and in the past fortnight we've been getting them done. It's been great. Some have been easy. Others have required a little more planning.

Cocoa pops for breakfast was an easy one. I think that was Ruby's request. Apparently, I once said it was okay to have them in the holidays and Ruby reminded me: 'I don't really think we've had them just yet'. Done.

Charlotte Cove and our little lunch spot

Sarah wanted a picnic at a little coastal spot south of us. We discovered Charlotte Cove, south of Cygnet, a few weeks ago, and decided a picnic would be nice there one day. So after church on Sunday we packed our lunch and headed off: picnic, exploring, shell collecting and a lovely circuit drive through Huonville, Cygnet, and up the Channel through Gordon, Woodbridge, Margate and home again. It was just the thing for the last Sunday before school.
 Alice has lots of teeth trying to break through in 2011

 Sarah of the Charlotte Cove Picnic Committee

Just the place for post-lunch exploring and fossicking

We're opting for a quieter, slower day tomorrow and then another outing on Tuesday - the last day of holidays. I think everyone will then be satisfied with the number of ticks on our list.

I hope your list for this week gets many ticks, too.

1 comment:

  1. You better not tell Ruby that I have coco pops every day for breakfast! I can't eat many cereals and rice bubbles are sooo boring. I love your little picnic spot. Don't you love the simple things they ask to do? The little things are the most important.

    ReplyDelete