Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One piano bag


Last month I found this music inspired fabric and made a bag for my sister-in-law for her birthday. I thought it would suit her for work as a music teacher. At the time, my eldest and I decided the leftovers would suit a bag for her piano books to travel to and from lessons each week. There have been a few lessons since then without a bag, but yesterday I decided the bag would be made and finished in time for school pick up and a 3.20 lesson.


Remarkably, despite going to Little Learners at school in the morning with the twins, hanging out 3 loads of washing, story time, baking a banana cake with the twins (ie lots of fun!!!) and other jobs around the house I got it cut out, sewn up and finished! I was literally still at the machine at 2.35 pm and we leave at 2.45! I do love setting myself a challenge and seem to thrive on working at the last minute. However, some people describe this type of carry on in a slightly different manner!!! The twins made a game of it, watching Mummy's every move, catching all the runaway threads and imagining how it would turn out. Also, a very involved role play of Angelina and Mrs Mouseling helped me to get it done without too many distractions. I still can't believe I did it so quickly. No unpicking necessary and no machine dramas either!

The pocket on the inside is for any notes to and from Sarah's piano teacher and for the inevitable payment of lessons each term.



A scrap of denim makes it a bit stronger around the base for the books and their pointy corners.


One happy piano student, one satisfied Mummy and one 6 year old Alice who needs something special sewn for her now. She didn't say anything but I think she deserves something special just for her. We just have to work out what it should be.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment