Friday, April 16, 2010

Bon voyage little friend

Earlier in the week I finished off my pin cushion for the swap organised by the clever Kate at Fox's Lane. It was great fun coming up with an idea, suitable colours, materials and design. Even better was being able to finish a project so quickly as it was nice and small and straightforward. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with having a deadline looming and there being someone, somewhere, expecting it to arrive soon!!! Pink and green was the first decision I made - the rest came over a few cups of tea. (Hence the photos in front of my tea and coffee canisters - I wonder how many cups of tea each of my projects represent?) Now it is flying high over land and sea to it's new home. Hope it's new owner likes it!




While I was hand stitching the opening, my new pin cushion arrived from the US - very pretty and sweet, Trish. My, what a lot of work you put in! My girls just love it. Thanks to everyone involved - it was lots of fun. I'm already looking forward to my next swap!

Today was a home day for the twins and I; boy do I wish we had more of those! School trips to and from, but then every other minute spent playing and resting at home. Just what 3 year olds are supposed to do, at least a few days a week. We pottered, planted, dressed up and played, enjoyed a lovely storytime and lots of chatter! In between there was lots of washing (I got to the bottom of the peg basket!) and a good kitchen scrubbing.

We took out the last of the petunias from under the clothesline - it's time for pansies now - and the girls saved the last flowers from the spindly little bushes. Amazing how healthy the flowers were on such weak, shrivelled plants! Hannah wanted to use an empty plant pot she found outside as a vase in the kitchen - we decided the holes were a problem (!!!!) and used one of my cute jugs instead.


We have an exciting weekend planned - a lovely school friend coming for a play, an aunty from the North of Tassie visiting with a special friend (!?), and an invitation to lunch for the older girls on Sunday with a family from church. Plenty of homebased goodness!! Quite a bit of baking, some gardening and a little sewing thrown in, I trust.

Be sure to enjoy your weekend - hopefully there will be plenty of homebased goodness at your place too!
x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia, thank you so much for the lovely pincushion. It was waiting for me after a very tiring trip overseas. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Vicky. Glad it arrived safe and sound. I hope things settle down for you now and you can enjoy some r and r - just a little sewing here and there should do it! Wishes, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia - posted a note on another page of yours - hope you receive it - lovely looking through your handiwork and seeing the girls with their "mummy" made clothes - I wonder if they know what a clever mummy they have?? twins looked so cute in their nighties (especially the back on photo) sarah and alice's skirts beautiful - loved the quilt finished at last - such a time consuming exercise but well worth the effort. Your sewing skills have developed into something special - keep up the good work Love Mummy

    ReplyDelete