Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunday flowers



Just a quick share today with a few flowers - it seems so much of what I have around the house has flowers on it! I'm guilty of being rather partial to all things botanical!

I made this bag some time ago for the girls' rubber collection which is steadily growing. The back is made with dark navy blue cotton - pink and navy blue, or denim, would have to be one of my favourite colour combos. I wonder how old my girls will be when I can no longer dress them in a short or long sleeve pink top with a denim pinny? The older girls are loving their rubber collection and are keen to keep collecting. My 33 year old sister still has her collection of 100 plus rubbers circa 1985 and the girls love playing with them when we visit. My late grandparents were jewellers and travelled a lot for international conferences and tours during those years. They always brought back rubbers - many from Japan, France and Hong Kong. Hopefully, the girls can collect a few special ones too!

Sunday afternoon was a very relaxing affair this week. The girls are always fairly tired after church in the city and a late lunch so they enjoy some quiet time doing some craft, playing board games or reading. This week Alice took herself off outside for a wander on her own, scissors in hand, to cut some flowers for the table. The weather was not pleasant but she rugged up and was so happy out there chatting away to herself!

Sarah wanted to paint a rock we had picked up on our walk along the river at Taroona on Friday. So she got the 'painting okay' from Mum (which is not always forthcoming!!!!!) and set herself up to paint away. She came up with a lovely design, with a flower, and it has been on our dining table ever since. Needless to say, Alice wanted to paint when she got inside, but she did hers on paper. By the way, the twins were having a sleep while all this was going on! A late Saturday night out was the culprit and the result a very quiet afternoon! It's been quite a while since their last one - they are generally too busy having a party in their room for day sleep!

Here's the result of the girls' little activities. Rather pretty, I thought.



I've been busy finishing off my pin cushion for Kate's swap and will share photos tomorrow. (Pink and green would have to be one of my other favourite colour combinations!!)

PS This wasn't as short as I thought it was going to be! Not like me at all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment