Monday, December 6, 2010

Gingerbread house #3

Meet Gingerbread House 2009.

It wasn't as good as our 2008 version - and typically, I don't have any photos of that one. Why, you ask? I don't know. Too busy pinching lollies off it, I think.


For the past two years, I've shared this project with a good friend of mine. With her four children, and my four, we spend a morning with two houses worth of panels. The eight kids are paired off (one young, one a little older), the bowls of lollies are set out, and us mummies run around the table with our piping bags of icing.

Then after 24 hours of setting time, the mummies get together with more lollies and a little wine. The house assembly has provided many moments of panic, more panic and some laughter. It's also involved half a dozen cans of corn and beetroot to hold everything upright.



We still maintain that our difficulties in 2009 came from panels being cut on strange angles. There's a lot of icing used as filler under the eaves of this house. It was just a bit draughty in places.

Now for the 2010 version. I'm picking up two houses of panels tomorrow morning. We've changed architects so hopefully the pieces will fit together better. We have the same builders though, so anything could happen!

If all goes well, I'll show you what we come up with. If not, I think I still will. I'm sure you won't judge too harshly.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your house building. And lolly eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ginderbread house, I've always wanted to make one of those. Lucky I wasn't there to steal all the lollies
    xx

    ReplyDelete