Sunday, December 5, 2010

Some handmade Christmas ...

....but there's more to come. This year I've wanted to make the majority of the Christmas presents on our list, or at least part thereof. Progress is being made and a few finishes have been achieved, but I can't show them all just yet. I don't want to give anything away, now do I? Here's a couple of little bags I've made for friends and the girls' teachers.


I seem to have made so many of these little bags now. Another then went to a five year old friend of the twins' the other day. I always like to pop something inside like a book, glitter pens and a notebook for the girls, handcream or other toiletries for the grown ups. We find they are really handy when we're away. The girls like to use one for socks and one for clean underwear - nothing worse than struggling to find the last pair of clean panties in the suitcase!

These will have hand creams or chocolates - the girls are yet to decide which is best for their respective teachers.


Then today Sarah came home from church with a plan. One of the girls' friends turns 7 on Wednesday and Sarah wanted to make something for her. So off to her room, found her wool and buttons, cast on 3 stitches, knitted, cast off and sewed on her little buttons. I was rather impressed.


But then more. Looking through her DK book Made by Me she found little felt brooches to try. And so this little cup cake was added to the parcel. Rather sweet, don't you think?


Well, that's it for today. I think my late night sewing while Daddy was away is catching up with me.
Will share more soon.
Hope you all have a great start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment