Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A swing and a clean

Finally, the new skirts I made for the twins recently: soft, warm navy cord and a little applique with scraps. They were today's chosen outfit (chosen, that is, by the girls!), they were clean and ironed, we were home and the girls were happy so we headed out for a little photo or two. The only thing missing was the sun! I made them to match a couple of new tops I bought recently so we've got an easy outfit to pull together in our morning rush. It turns out these skirts match quite a few of their winter tops so I think they will wear them often!

Ruby was happy on the swings today. 



Hannah was most concerned with cleaning and drying every seat and bar on the swing set. She loves being helpful.





Ruby picked this flower (a clover flower, I think!) for Mummy.


I've realised now that the beanies the girls are wearing were made by two of their great grandmothers. Grandma knitted Ruby's pale pink beanie (along with 3 others) for the twins as babies - they have worn them since before they had hair! Hannah's was made by my late Nan for Sarah and Alice (there is another one somewhere!) - complete with a little flower on the side.


I love that the things we create provide a memory of people (and ourselves!) and times in our life for years to come.

x

1 comment:

  1. Their little skirts look so cute! I adore those beanies too, how wonderful that they love to wear them. My daughter doesnt like wearing hats very much now that she is older!

    ReplyDelete