Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekend warming

Welcome, weekend!  There will need to be plenty of warming food, drinks and activities here today. We've had a low of 3 overnight, will reach only twelve degrees today and although a fine forecast, there is not a sign of sunshine.

Our two eldest girls have gone to a statewide gathering for Girl Guides today in the north of the state, a two and a half hour drive away. They left at 6.30am (!), in the dark, but on very warm, cosy coaches. I had expected they could sit together, snuggle up and have a sleep leaning on one another. You can imagine the picture, I think! Well, all that was dashed when we found they were to travel on two separate buses in their guiding age groups. (Breathe, Mummy, breathe) As so often is the case, they were less bothered by that than me, and happily found a good friend to fall asleep on. They're expected back at 7pm - what a day they will have!

Daddy has also headed north for the day - not quite as far, but nearly spot on in the middle of Tassie in the little town of Ross. Again, a statewide gathering, meeting in a central spot, to talk school, music and committees.


So, it's just the twins and I. Hannah and Ruby are used to having just Mummy during the week, but this is very odd for a Saturday. I suspect we may get some baking done, and a touch of sewing. My plan is to get as much housework done by 9am as possible. Waking up at 5.30 on a Saturday has some advantages, I guess!


We have the pleasure of visitors today, too. My sister and her husband are in Hobart for the weekend, so they will spend some time here which will be lovely. She has even bought her current sewing projects with her so I think we may get a little done together. She got her first machine last year, has started building her fabric supply and has a few projects on the go.


These photos were taken on Thursday, when the sun was shining - how cute is Hannah bending down over the geraniums? She was so worried about the flowers that have finished and now brown and shrivelled! I made their skirts a few weeks ago out of embroidered denim - so cute with little flowers, butterflies and gingham love hearts. The remainder of the denim (the plain section) was used for Sarah's skirt that I posted about last weekend. Not one scrap of that fabric was left. Now that's a good feeling.

All the very best for a good weekend.

x

1 comment:

  1. Grest Work Ginni. It is good to see the pink spot proving so useful. I clicked on the wrong post on this site and managed to send a message to myself and from you. That is clever isn't it? Love the photo of adorable Alice minus a front tooth. We have managed to add them to my pictures. A wonderful way to keep in touch with your day in Hobart. Keep up the good work. I continue to be amazed at your workload and how you find time for everything. xxxx

    ReplyDelete